Sunday, September 03, 2006

Baked Pasta

I wanted to use up the leftover sauce from the pizza bowls and I also wanted to try another recipe from The Uncheese Cookbook. I ended up making the Brie from Uncheese and while it doesn't taste much like real brie, it does taste pretty good. I mixed some pasta with the sauce, put half of it in the bottom of a baking dish, topped with some of the brie, then put the rest of the pasta and sauce on top with some more brie and some cherry tomatoes. I baked it at 375° for 30 minutes and it came out quite delicious.

On the side was Green Beans Almondine, an idea I got in my head recently from the wonderful Vegan Eats & Treats blog. I've mentioned before that our garden didn't do so well this year but we are getting some nice green beans now. I steamed the beans, then mixed in some margarine, olive oil, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and slivered almonds. There's nothing quite like fresh from the garden veggies.

No comments: