Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Buffalo Salad Take 2

Yup. Another rerun. But we couldn't help it. We made this Krispy Buffalo Salad a few weeks ago and it came out so good that we had to do it again sooner rather than later. Darlene actually marinated and fried the TVP last night and we used some of it in the pot pie and saved the rest in the fridge. So this came together very quickly tonight. In the salad this time is a mix of leaf lettuces, yellow tomatoes, celery, carrots, scallions and radishes and for the dressing this time we tried the Creamy Orange-Poppy Seed Dressing from Vive le Vegan! which was quite yummy. A little rice pudding for dessert and life was good.



Oh, and I almost forgot a promised plug for the Charlottesville Vegetarian Festival. If you're in C-ville or anywhere nearby you should definitely come and check it out this coming Saturday from 11:00 - 4:00 in Lee Park. We've gone every year since we've been here and there's always great food and exhibits.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rice pudding! I haven't had that in ages. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

I have yet to get your first post of "buffalo" wings off my mind.. I WILL be making that soon. I used to totally have a weakness for the real deal back in the day and is one thing i still crave..*though w/o the chicken*!! bravo! pudding looks great too! you guys are awesome!

Chris said...

thanks urban vegan!

madeinalaska, I too had a weakness for the real deal and consumed massive quantities of them in college but now the thought of that is revolting. We do love the TVP chunks though. You can play around with the seasonings/marinade but the Franks hot sauce and margarine are key.

Don't Get Mad Get Vegan! said...

can't wait to try the rice pudding. looks reeeally good!

Anonymous said...

This looks good. I have used the MorningStar fake chicken nuggets before, and was wondering what I was going to do to replace it since I don't think they are vegan.

I've got my mom and sister meeting me in C'ville (they live in Stuarts Draft, over the mountain) and we're all going to go to the Veg Fest. (I was in the hospital for the Richmond one). I'm looking forward to it, and having my family get some info too. Then mom wants to hit Whole Paycheck.


ps: it's Lady Di here...can't log in for some reason *sigh*

Anonymous said...

The salad looks really good. I've never had a buffalo style salad. Cherie

Chris said...

It's possible that's because we just made it up Cherie ;-) But it's really good so give it a try.

I love me some rice pudding dgmgv so give that a try too!

Hi Lady Di! I think you're right about the Morningstar nuggets though I think I just saw that one of those mock meat companies was getting rid of the egg whites in many of their products - not sure if it was them though.

We're making cookies that will be for sale at the veg. fest to support a local spap-neuter program so definitely check that out.

Heidi said...

The Rice Pudding looks yummy!

You've inspired me to create a raw version! Yum!

~ Heidi

Anonymous said...

Did you look in charlottesville,
I plan on that by next year
charlottesville virginia real estate
will be way up..