Monday, September 11, 2006

Lasagna

Apologies but I'm too lazy to post a recipe tonight. Plus this is something Darlene did and I'm not sure about everything that went into it. I do know she made a ricotta-like filling with silken tofu, Tofutti cream cheese, olive oil and seasonings. Some capers and green olives went in there as well and then that was layered with the noodles, some basic marinara sauce and thinly sliced yellow squash. We started with a simple salad (with some very tasty fresh tomatoes) and we had some flatbread on the side. I didn't use up all the flatbread dough last night so I just put what was left of the dough in a bag in the fridge then tonight I tore off a couple of pieces, rolled them out and fried them in a skillet with a little olive oil for a few minutes on each side.

2 comments:

Berrykat said...

Sorry I might of missed the post but how is your kitty cat doing? I hope she is feeling better and will be home soon.

Chris said...

Thanks for asking berrykat. She's been home for a while now and is doing OK. I created a different site for kitty updates:

http://violetthecat.blogspot.com/