Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Pan Pizza

Last night was just straight up leftovers (lasagna & quinoa salad); tonight was using up some leftovers to make something new. Back when I made the pizza bowls I had a lot of dough left that I wrapped up and put in the freezer. And we had some marinara left from the lasagna so we decided to make a pizza - a pan pizza to be exact. I don't think we've ever tried this before but it came out great. We put some olive oil in a cast iron pan and pressed the dough into the pan before topping it with the marinara, the rest of the Uncheese "brie" that I made a while back, and some roasted veggies. For the veggies we chopped a large red bell pepper, a yellow squash, a carrot and a small red onion, mixed with olive oil, fresh rosemary, salt & pepper, and baked until they were soft. I generally like a pizza with a crispy crust but this was a thick softer crust that was quite scrumptious too.

6 comments:

Mellie said...

Wow...looks nice! How did the "brie" go with the pizza?

funwithyourfood said...

have you ever made pizza with white sauce? my favorite just vegetarian pizza is round tables veggie supreme. I'm looking to find a vegan version

teddy

Urban Vegan's Evil Twin said...

That looks delicioso!

Chris said...

very well Mellie.

Teddy... nope but it sounds good.

u.v.e.t. - thanks!

G said...

You can never go wrong with pizza, I like it way too much LOL....


Huggs, G

Chris said...

Agreed ;-)