Friday, September 01, 2006

Scrambled Tofu and Hash Browns

Another breakfast for dinner night. The fridge was looking a little sparse but we usually have tofu on hand. I made the scramble kind of like the PPK/VwaV recipe but I did a little Asian variation, inspired by Vegan with a Vengeance but a little different based on what we had on hand. First, as Isa suggests I used peanut oil and added a little ginger with the garlic. For the mushrooms I used dried, reconstituted porcinis since I found a package in the cabinet. I also added some edamame since we had some in the freezer. And the seasoning was a mixture of cumin, paprika, 5 spice powder, turmeric and salt. I also found a yukon gold potato so I grated that and made hash browns again and we had some toast on the side.

4 comments:

Urban Vegan said...

Something that looks tasty is good any time of the day or nigyht.

I love breakfast for dinner. And dinner for breakfast. And dessert for lunch. [Sad but true.]

Chris said...

Not sad at all! How about dessert for dinner? I sometimes have dessert first anyway...

funwithyourfood said...

hello helloo!

I just tagged you today

Teddy

Chris said...

why thank you Teddy. I'll have to think about that one for a bit...