Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sushi

We wanted to make something "fun" to eat this weekend and what's more fun than sushi? We've made sushi once or twice in the past but it's been a loooong time. This was so good though I don't think we'll wait that long before we do it again. Tonight we made 3 different "flavors", the Spicy Tempeh Roll from the PPK, another one with shiitake mushrooms and carrots, and finally a basic cucumber and avocado roll. The tempeh roll Darlene even managed to roll with the rice on the outside. Now that's a neat trick!

6 comments:

funwithyourfood said...

rice on the outside is much harder to do for me. TALENTED you be


Teddy

Benoit said...

How do you prepare your rice?

Anonymous said...

I think this is my favorite post of yours! I love the spread and how you have it set out and the colors and everything!!! Cherie

Chris said...

Thanks Teddy & Cherie!

Benoit - I cooked 1 1/2 c. sushi rice in 2 c. water for 17 mins. Then we let it cool and mixed in 1-2 Tbs. rice vinegar.

Anonymous said...

So. Pretty.

:) Mikaela

Anonymous said...

Your sushi looks so beautiful. I really must order the ingredients to make my own vegan sushi. I live in a tiny rural town and there isn't any place nearby where I could get what I need. I used to live in So. Cal. and it was very convenient. Oh well.