Saturday, September 16, 2006

Tofu Veggie Burritos

Here's another old standby, especially when I'm just cooking for myself. More often than not I'll use black beans but I decided to mix it up ever so slightly tonight and use tofu. I cooked onion, red bell pepper, carrot and a small red jalapeƱo in olive oil, then added some yellow squash, then garlic and some seasonings (chili powder, cumin, fresh oregano, salt & pepper). Next into the pan went half a block of tofu (crumbled) and some crushed tomatoes. Lastly I added a handful of mixed greens I picked up at the farmers' market today. That mixture went on some tortillas with salsa, tofu sour cream, lettuce and fresh diced tomato. There's such soy-veggie goodness in the filling I hope you can forgive me for using white tortillas...

No comments: