Sunday, October 08, 2006

Jamaican Veggie Patties

I've been looking forward to making these veggie patties again for a long time. I was planning on making the coco bread to go along with them but I didn't have the energy (more on that in a sec). I did get a plantain to go along with this meal so I fried that up and then I experimented with a tamarind sauce to go over the plantains and the veggie patties. It came out pretty good and it was just tamarind concentrate, water, agave and a pinch of salt and corriander.

The reason for the lack of energy is that our sweetie Violet is back in the hospital but we're hopeful that she'll be able to come home again soon. We'll try to post updates on her blog if you're interested.

6 comments:

Clafou said...

Get well soon Violet!

Berrykat said...

Sorry about Violet hope she feels better soon.

deva said...

that looks really good :)

funwithyourfood said...

aww sick again :(

Geraldine said...

These look delish!!!

I am so sorry to hear about Violet being ill again. Have you checked with any holistic vets (or online) about her problems? I am not a fan of drugs for anyone and that includes pets. Maybe there would be some other options to try.

Chris said...

That's a good point Geraldine. There's not much here in terms of holistic medicine for pets but I have heard there's someone who does acupuncture and we might look into that.