Thursday, October 26, 2006

Nachos

I was thinking about making something else tonight but we didn't have all the ingredients. Then I opened the cabinet and spied a full bag of tortilla chips we bought recently. We also had some tofu sour cream that we needed to use up, and we almost always have black beans and salsa on hand so I figured nachos would be fun. I cooked some onion, bell pepper, carrots, broccoli and garlic in oil then added chili powder, cumin and oregano. Next in went a can of black beans and some canned diced tomatoes and I cooked everything together and mashed the beans a little in the process. Then I spread the chips on a baking sheet and spooned the black bean mixture on top along with some salsa and the tofu sour cream. It doesn't need to bake for very long - 350° for 15 minutes should do the trick. For starters we had a basic salad with Dreena's Cumin Lime Vinaigrette - always good to have with Mexican/Southwestern dishes (or any other time for that matter).

3 comments:

Danielle D. said...

Yum!

Chris said...

Indeed!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Nachos!

:D Mikaela