Friday, October 13, 2006

Pasta with Peanut Sauce

This was actually Plan B. I was thinking about making some kind of scrambled tofu but when I took the tofu out of the fridge I realized there was a small cut in the top of the package. It had been opened just enough to make it smell slightly questionable so I didn't want to chance it. Back to the drawing board we went and Darlene had the idea to make a peanut sauce and some pasta. I made the sauce pretty much straight from Vegan with a Vengeance, then I sauteed some broccoli, red bell pepper, green beans and seitan in a little oil and cooked some whole wheat fettuccine while that was happening. Some fettuccine went on our plates, then the veggies, then the sauce, and on top I sprinkled a few black sesame seeds. And I think this turned out better than what I was originally planning to make so maybe the dodgy tofu wasn't such a bad thing after all.

No comments: