Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Sammiches and Veggies

We've mentioned the Chickpea Hijiki Salad Sammiches from Vegan with a Vengeance so many times that I've lost count but it's so tasty and makes for a quick meal. Tonight it went on some of the buns I mentioned last night with lettuce and tomato. That was probably one of the last fresh tomatoes of the season too so we tried to savor it. On the side was steamed cauliflower with margarine, bread crumbs and salt & pepper, and also some roasted butternut squash.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could find buns like that! I guess I'll have to get off my bum and bake! Your sammiches look so great.

Chris said...

Thanks Bazu. I was almost ready to try baking some buns myself but then we found these. Of course it's cheaper to make 'em yourself so we may still go that route...

funwithyourfood said...

Random thought- have I ever told you that I've call my sandwhiches, Sammiches since I was a kid?
:)
I've been reading your blog but not commenting. Ever night before I cook i look around for inspiration

Teddy

G said...

This looks delish, can I have some NOW!!!! Huggs, G