Sunday, November 12, 2006

Gnocchi with Broccoli and Pesto

If you've been hanging around here a while you know we've made gnocchi many, many times in the past. But has anyone noticed that it hasn't appeared here for several months now? That's only because we usually stock up on packages of gnocchi at Trader Joe's and we haven't been to TJ's in quite a while. With all that's happened with Violet these last few months we haven't been anywhere in a while but we did get down to Virginia Beach on Friday and that trip included a stop at one of the newest TJ's in Newport News. So we cracked open a package of gnocchi tonight and had it with broccoli and some pesto that's been in our freezer since this time last year (like most of the rest of our garden this year, the basil never really did much). On the side is some whole wheat toast with an olive tapenade that Darlene made last week.

5 comments:

OkraMary said...

I also make a hike to the same TJ's..I live in Norfolk, so it's only about a 25 min. drive to the TJ's (avoiding traffic)...you reminded me that I need to pick up some of that gnocchi. A lot easier than home made.

springsandwells said...

Oh yum yum yum! That picture is so alluring... it's making me crave gnocchi even though I just ate! :)
Amey

Anonymous said...

You guys drive me bonkers with the gnocchi (in a good, good way). I always want to try and make something similar, but get too nervous.

Chris said...

Just do it Jess! It's a great quick meal. I never worry about boiling the gnocchi first. Just saute your veggies then add the gnocchi, then just a little liquid (water, veg. stock, wine, tomatoes, whatever) and cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.

thanks Amey!

okramary, I wish we had a shorter drive to TJ's but it's still worth it. I've thought about making gnocchi from scratch some time but it's just so much easier to open a package ;-)

Anonymous said...

Soon!