Tuesday, November 14, 2006

One Year

We had dinner out tonight with some new friends but today marks the end of our first year of doing this blog so I though I'd get a post up. With Violet gone we're not in much of a mood for celebration these days but I did come up with a few numbers to share. We've come a long way since our first post. In the last year we've had 342 posts which comes out to over 6.5 per week. I thought it would be interesting to go back and look at how many times we used recipes from or mentioned various cookbooks. We got our copy of Vegan with a Vengeance right before we started this blog and I knew that would come out on top but there were many others as well. This is a very quick unscientific tally of any recipe source we mentioned more than twice:

Vegan with a Vengeance, 68
Vive le Vegan!, 20
La Dolce Vegan, 10
Vegetarian Times Magazine, 7
The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen, 5
Very Vegetarian, 5
Fatfree Vegan blog, 5
teany book, 4
Sinfully Vegan, 4
Cooking with PETA, 4
Horn of the Moon Cookbook, 3
The Uncheese Cookbook, 3
Cooking Light Magazine, 3

At the beginning we promised that we could point you to recipes that were created by other talented people and I guess we've done that.

12 comments:

Mark said...

Congrats on your blogiversary! I know I'm not alone in looking forward to and enjoying all your posts. Thank you so much for keeping it up.

springsandwells said...

Hi Chris & Darlene,
Congratulations on one year of "Eat Air". I love your blog so much, and I've loved it from the very beginning. I get good ideas from your blog, and am particularly grateful for the Peanut Butter Banana French Toast... my favorite!

Also, just wanted to let you know that I am still thinking about you and your kitty loss.

Amey

Anonymous said...

Congrats, you two. Your blog has become a true resource and database. And reading your list of recipe sources makes me want to go back and look for the entries that mention them!

I started reading your blog in July, so I can't believe how long it's been!

By the way, Chris, I FINALLY made bread last night (foccacia), thanks for the inspiration!

Geraldine said...

Congrats on your 1 yr. anniversary! Ive been enjoying stopping by for several months now.

Dear Violet will always be with you and how wonderful you got to share with us your dear cat friend, even though she has now gone on to the other side. I have no doubt there is a life for all the pets after this one, just like we will have one too.

Huggs, G

Don't Get Mad Get Vegan! said...

happy blogiversary to you both!

i love visiting your blog and often use it as a reminder that i should blog more regularly when i slack off. i really enjoy how you post daily as an educational tool for the rest of the world to understand that vegans are eating and eating well, every day.

and everything always looks and sounds so yummy! thanks for linking to your first post. loved it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I really love visiting you here. You've done an outstanding job of sharing your cooking experiences. Thank you!

Chris said...

Thanks everyone! It's wonderful people like you who keep us doing this.

Your foccacia sounds great Bazu!

Anonymous said...

well, I for one am SO glad you are eating air. You guys are the ones that helped me go vegan, did you know that? I was just veggie until about December of last year! so, thanks and congrats.

Darlene said...

Thanks everyone!!

Chris said...

that's great vegancyclist! I'm so glad we could help you on your vegan journey!

SusanV said...

Hey, I'm honored to be on your list!

Thanks for keeping up the blog, even during the hardest times. You've really made a difference in a lot of people's lives.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!