Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wraps

We were busy this afternoon making apple uglies, which we haven't done in quite a while, so we decided on something quick for dinner. I started out with the Broccoli Burritos recipe from the last issue of VegNews but then I went in a slightly different direction. First I mashed a can of chickpeas with a few tablespoons each of pimientos and Vegenaise, then added a chopped stalk of celery and salt & pepper. I also steamed some broccoli and cauliflower and that went into tortillas with the chickpea mixture and avocado and lettuce. Simple but quite good and filling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny you blogged about the Apple Uglies. I just found the recipe on your blog a couple of days ago. Marty was complaining about how he really missed an apple fritter so I can't wait to make these for him. Although he hasn't really had a sweet tooth for anything lately so it might have to wait. I don't want to be stuck eating them all.

Chris said...

yeah, they're best when they're fresh so it's definitely a good idea to share them - though I'm certainly capable of eating them all myself...