Friday, December 29, 2006

Leftovers remix and more

One thing I forgot to mention about last night's pizza was that we had quite a bit of the sauce and the tofu mixture left over. We also had some collards that didn't get used in a previous meal (more on that in a bit). So I chopped the collards and cooked them with onion and garlic and a little more of the seitan broth. I also added salt & pepper and Spike seasoning, then I mixed in a little tomato paste at the end. The collards turned out quite fabulous on their own like this, but I mixed them into some cooked penne along with the sauce and tofu, then spread everything into a baking dish and baked at 375° for 25 minutes. Yum yum!

And here's something from a few nights ago. I made the white bean soup with collards that I've mentioned before, and to go with the soup, the White Bean and Tempeh Sausage Patties from Vegan with a Vengeance. The patties were excellent but I have to admit that I think I like the mock sausage recipe that we made on Christmas Eve from Cooking with PETA just a little better. Though the VWAV recipe is certainly a little more original.

6 comments:

jenny said...

The white bean with collards soup looks so good!!!

Chris said...

thanks jenny! it is... and so good for you too!

mark said...

Chris and Darlene-
All best wishes for a wonderful 2007 and many, many thanks for sharing so much this past year.

bazu said...

Happy New Year, Chris and Darlene! I've so enjoyed discovering your blog this year.

And I agree with Jenny- that soup looks fantastic. I love leftovers and recreations- yum.

Urban Vegan said...

Working magic with leftovers alsways feels so satisfying, doesn't it? It's like giving your food a makeover.

Happy New Year!

Chris said...

Mark, Bazu & Urban Vegan, we really appreciate you all reading and commenting here and we're looking forward to sharing more of our vegan goodies in the coming year.