Sunday, December 17, 2006

Noodles & Tofu

Despite all the recipes we've already tried from Vegan with a Vengeance, there are still plenty more good ones we've yet to try. One thing we hadn't made was the marinated tofu - until tonight. I made the baked Asian style marinated tofu and it came out great. I made the tofu to go with a simple noodle dish (Asian Sesame-Soy Noodles) from Nava Atlas' The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet. In this case the 5 ingredients were soba noodles, sesame oil, soy sauce, agave and scallions. I put some noodles on the plate, some tofu on top, and I spooned just a little of the tofu marinade on top. A bit of a brown plate to be sure, but very tasty just the same.

4 comments:

Alisha said...

Chris & Darlene,
So glad to have found your site! I live across the mountain in Staunton VA. Im one of few vegans in our little city. Look forward to trying some recipes.
Alisha

Chris said...

Hi Alisha! Thanks for reading! We've been to the natural foods store/juice bar in Staunton so at least you have that ;-)

aTxVegn said...

It looks super. I'm rediscovering soba noodles - I love their flavor.

Johanna3 said...

looks good. Happy Holidays!