Saturday, December 09, 2006

Quinoa-Peanut Soup

Just a quick note to second the opinion that this soup from Nava Atlas' Vegetarian Soups for All Seasons is a good one. I was inspired to try this after reading Eat Peace Please a couple nights ago and I'm glad I did. In addition to being yummy, it's very filling too, what with the peanut butter and quinoa and all those veggies too. The only thing I might do different next time is to add just a bit more quinoa since the small amount in the recipe got a little lost with the mounds and mounds of veggies I added.

Hmmm... two quinoa posts in a row. I guess that's because it's a good whole grain that cooks in less than half the time of brown rice.

4 comments:

eatpeaceplease said...

Your version looks really amazing. Isn't this soup unique and interesting?! Did you use tumeric in there? I agree about upping the quinoa.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of making this soup too! Yours looks fantastic. I will use your suggestion of adding more quinoa. :-)

Chris said...

It sure is epp. I didn't use turmeric but that'd work well I think.

Definitely give it a try brooke. Try at least 3/4 c. quinoa or maybe even a full cup.

Anonymous said...

That looks good. I think you and Peace convinced me to try it soon. :)
Cherie