Friday, December 01, 2006

Scaling Back

No, we're not going anywhere. We are however, deciding to post a little less frequently. It seems we're repeating ourselves more and more often and unlike some people, we don't have the creativity or motivation to make something different every time we cook. Nor are we equipped to consistently produce amazing, gourmet meals. Oh, we have our moments, but with a year's worth of archives up now we feel like it's time to scale back a bit (and hopefully you can find plenty of ideas in said archives - along with plenty of evidence that vegans aren't just eating veggie burgers and salads for dinner every night).

For the last year, we've posted about everything from the fun and interesting to the mundane. In the forseeable future anyway there will be less mundane but that inevitably means fewer posts. For example, the last 3 nights we've had Tofu-Dill Salad Sammiches from Vegan with a Vengeance, gone out to eat at Maharaja and had red lentils with spinach (pictured above), all of which we've written about before (in some cases more than once). And really, how many times can we post about gnocchi anyway?

So with apologies to those of you who have enjoyed all of our 6+ posts a week for the past year, for now I think we'll shoot for something on the order of half that. We really appreciate all of you reading and leaving us wonderful, supportive comments and we hope you'll continue to do so. And now maybe we'll even have time to read and comment on all of your awesome blogs more often.

11 comments:

springsandwells said...

Hi Chris and Darlene,
Congratulations on your decision to scale back. Your near-daily posting has been so awesome, but I really don't blame you at all for wanting a break. I was inspired to start blogging because of your blog, and I quickly realized that some meals just aren't so noteworthy (like the pasta with store-bought red sauce we had for dinner tonight!)... and others are. I'll keep reading and I look forward to all your future posts. Enjoy your freed-up internet time!
:) Amey

mark said...

Well, I suppose you deserve a break! But wait, if I can't read Eat Air every single day I might have to, well, get a life. Hmm.

Thanks for everything you do with the blog.

Anonymous said...

Your blog has definitely been an inspiration and I am grateful for the time that you have thus put forth into it. I completely understand your desire for less posting. I'm lucky if I make one thing a week that is blogworthy. Best regards!

Anonymous said...

Chris & Darlene,
I have loved reading your blog, not only for the food lessons and inspiration, but also for a peek into fellow veggies' lives. I totally understand your decision to scale back (I could never keep up with a 6+/week blogging schedule) but happy that you won't be gone entirely.
Food's fun even when it's mundane (I had to laugh at Amey's post, because we had pasta with store-bought red sauce last night too) because even at its most mundane your food is healthy, interesting, and more exotic than is the norm.

Viva gnocchi!

The Reluctant Vegan said...

You do whatever works for you, and know that I and lots of other people have appreciated having you here!

Anonymous said...

Whatever works for you guys! It's not about quantity, it's quality, right?
and the gnocchi thing made me laugh!

Kari

Chris said...

Thanks for reading everyone. I'm so glad we've been able to connect with other like-minded people and even to provide some inspiration to some of you.

Anonymous said...

I guess we'll just have to live with fewer posts! But we'll all adjust. You truly are an inspiration and every post is enjoyable. Enjoy your break. Thanks for all you do.

Anonymous said...

hey...I'll miss your posts, but I can understand why you are scaling back! You've inspired a lot of us...myself included.

Anonymous said...

You guys will certainly be missed, but I understand. I think that's a reason I don't commit to a certain number per week myself, I prefer the long posts, but wish I had it in me to do what you have. Thank you for being so inspiring, and I looking forward to seeing what's in store. Your blog is never a let down!

Dilip said...

Darlene and Chris, your posts are great, so post with any regularity that your time permits for an appreciative audience!