Sunday, December 24, 2006

Waffles and Sausage

We usually like to do something fun for Christmas Eve, and what's more fun than breakfast for dinner? This time it was PPK/VWAV pumpkin waffles and vegan sausage. We also got a jump start on cooking for tomorrow and made cranberry conserve today and that went well with this meal too. For the sausage we used the recipe in Cooking with PETA. It was the first time we've tried that recipe but it came out really good - especially with a little drizzle of maple syrup on top.

4 comments:

springsandwells said...

yum yum yum!
even homemade sausage! That looks like such a super special xmas eve dinner. We are going to have waffles tomorrow morning with my parents... and I'm already thinking about them.

Chris said...

thanks Amey! We had a couple left over so that made a nice breakfast this morning too :-)

Lady Di said...

Oddly enough, I just looked at that sausage recipe this morning while putting the book back on the shelf (I had made the tofu bacon, I like the taste of it, but the VWaV tempeh one is easier to handle) and thought how I need to try it. Now it's on my list to make for hubby for New Years Day breakfast. Thank you.

Chris said...

It's definitely worth a try Lady Di.