Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Samosas and Indian Rice

Often on Sundays we take the time to cook something a little more involved. On this past Sunday in particular, it was snowing and sleeting most of the day so it was a fine time to be inside cooking. I must've run out of energy though since I'm just getting around to posting about it now. Both the samosas and rice were almost straight from Vegan with a Vengeance and it was the first time we had tried either recipe. Once again this book comes through as both were fabulous. We didn't have the ingredients on hand to make Isa's chutney but Darlene whipped up a tasty chutney-esque kind of thing with apricot jam, five-spice powder, rice vinegar and a pinch of cayenne. We had a lot of leftovers from this meal and the samosas in particular have garnered some oohs and aahs from my co-workers at lunch time the last two days.

7 comments:

Lena said...

Those look divine! I can't wait until my copy of VWaV gets here!

Don't Get Mad Get Vegan! said...

mmmmmmmmm, so yummy! i'd totally forgotten about that recipe in VWaV. can't wait to crack mine open and try it! thanks for the reminder ;)

Jhenn said...

Holy!!! I havent made samosas in years!!! I want soommmmeeeee!

laura jesser said...

Ooh, samosas from VWaV... I'll have to remember that one! Looks so scrumptious!

Urban Vegan said...

So-OOOOHHHHHHH-sas. Yum.

Chris said...

Thanks everyone! These aren't quite what you'd get at an Indian restaurant but still very good.

funwithyourfood said...

mm I haven't had indian since my birthday in NOVEMBER. I feel a craving coming on

Teddy