Friday, February 16, 2007

Tempeh-Peanut Wraps

I had a vague idea about what I wanted to do with this but it didn't really come together until I was in the middle of making it. I took the lazy route and just tossed some chopped tempeh, sweet potatoes and red kale all together in a pot, covered with water and simmered until the sweet potatoes were tender. Then I drained all that stuff and cooked some diced onion in peanut oil in the same pot, then added minced ginger and garlic, and finally the cooked tempeh, sweet potatoes and kale. I tossed that all around a bit then added a sauce I made from peanut butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, agave and coriander. We had this concoction with brown rice on tortillas and it was quite satisfying. There's something I like about mixing sweet potatoes with tempeh and I figure you can't go wrong with a peanut sauce.

7 comments:

mark said...

That sounds (and looks) delicious. Do you have a favorite brand of tempeh?

vko said...

I love love everything about this tempe dish you made. Peanut sauce goes with everything and the lemony peanut sauce sounds downright mouth-watering.

Twisted Cinderella said...

This sounds wonderful!

laura jesser said...

Mmm, sounds scrumptious! I'm always looking for new ways to enjoy tempeh, because I can sort of get into a tempeh rut sometimes. This looks totally worth a try!

Chris said...

Not really Mark. We most often get Lightlife tempeh but that's partly because it's the only brand available most places. There is a local cooperative that makes various soy foods, including tempeh, and we get that sometimes but it's not as readily available.

thanks everyone else for the comments! the lemony peanut sauce was really good vko...

laura jesser said...

I wanted you to know that I took your idea of tempeh, sweet potatoes, and kale, and I ran with it! Thanks for inspiring me--I wrote about it on my blog, if you're interested!

Anonymous said...

ere wow gold of 1000 gold at $68.99-$80.99 ,World Of Warcraft Gold,buy wow gold,sell world of warcraft gold(wow gold),buy euro gold wow Cheap wow gold,cheapest wow gold store ... buy euro gold wow wow gold--buy cheap wow gold,sell wow gold.welcome to buy cheap wow gold--buy wow gold cheap, easy, wow gold purchasing.World of Warcraft,wow gold Super ...