Thursday, March 01, 2007

Butternut Squash Bisque

I feel like I'm leaving you hanging but it's just that we haven't done anything extremely interesting for the last several days. For starters, Darlene's had a cold and we've had soup for dinner the last 3 nights. This Orange and Chipotle-Kissed Butternut Squash Bisque from Vegan Planet was pretty good though. We had some avocados that were going south and I was looking for a soup that would go well with avocado. We started with chips and guac and had the soup with more avocado and a big hunk of toast from some bread Darlene made over the weekend. I've had my eye on the Tofu Vindaloo recipe from Vegan Planet but for now soup seems to be the best medicine.

7 comments:

laura jesser said...

I love squash soup, and soup is always the best comfort when you're sick! I hope Darlene is feeling better soon....

springsandwells said...

mmm. looks good.
I just used chipotle peppers for the first time last week, and they are great! I recognized the flavor from eating at Mexican restaurants. So rich and smoky.

I hope Darlene feels better soon.

Twisted Cinderella said...

Mmmm . . . it looks good. I love a nice hot bowl of soup!

bazu said...

Feel better Darlene! That soup looks so good- any excuse for avocado usage, I say. Orange and chipotle sound like such interesting flavors for a squash soup!

Oh, I posted my 6 things-finally!

Darlene said...

Thanks so much everyone. Just a minor cold that is on its way out. Took lots of zinc when it started, so should be of short duration. Yeah!

Brooke said...

I like how the avocado is peeking out of the soup. :-)

lubo said...

here,learn to cook Chinese foods:
Yuanxiao
Egg Bubble Soup
Oil - Braised Prawns (Beijing Style)
Chengdu Stir-fry Shredded Carrot
Sweet and Sour Pork
Style Fried Fish