Monday, March 26, 2007

Penne and Roasted Asparagus with Orange Gremolata

This was another interesting recipe from Quick Fix Vegetarian. We figured we might as well enjoy the asparagus while it's readily available so we picked up another bunch a couple days ago. A gremolata is typically a garnish made with lemon, parsley and garlic but in this case it was orange zest starring in the citrus role, along with fresh garlic, parsley and scallions. All that is mixed with olive oil, tossed over roasted asparagus then tossed with pasta. It was definitely something a little different but it was very fresh tasting and we enjoyed it.

4 comments:

Melody Polakow said...

How brilliant... I adore gremolata.. and have done it with limes.. but oranges would be sooo good.. I have to try this.

Twisted Cinderella said...

Looks wonderful! I LOVE asparagus!

bazu said...

I am so ready for asparagus to come in. For us in the frozen tundra it'll be another month or two, but when it's here, I'm going to make this exact dish. I love the idea of an orange gremolata!

Mikaela said...

Oh, I just *love* asparagus :)