Saturday, March 03, 2007

Tofu Fish Sticks and Brussels Sprouts

It was a Vegan Lunch Box dinner here at Eat Air headquarters. We've been thinking about buying the Vegan Lunch Box cookbook and today we finally broke down and ordered it. We were reminded of it by a review in the latest VegNews. And in the same review I was also reminded of Jennifer's Tofu Fish Sticks recipe that I saw on her blog a long time ago. I'd been wanting to try that recipe for a good long while and that thought came to fruition today. I also made brussels sprouts, another Vegan Lunch Box recipe, and what are fish sticks without tartar sauce? That I made based on a recipe in my trusty old Better Homes New Cookbook. Vegan mayo, chopped sweet pickle, finely diced onion, chopped parsley and a little lemon juice - pretty simple but excellent with the crispy tasty tofu fishies. Oh, and since I had a lot of the breading left over after coating the tofu sticks I also dredged some pickles in there and threw those on the baking sheet (remember our fried pickle adventure?) - yum!

10 comments:

Shlesha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow those "fish sticks" look awesome. Erin and I will have to make those soon!

-"Gearmaster"
Doug Gellman
Charlottesville, VA

Mikaela said...

I like the starfish layout of your fishie sticks :)

Chris said...

They're definitely worth a try Doug.

Mikaela, I didn't even notice the starfish layout but now that you mention it...

Veg-a-Nut said...

These are a staple in our home. We love them. Yours look fantastic.

Twisted Cinderella said...

Those look really good. I must give those a try!

lubo said...

here,learn to cook Chinese foods:
Yuanxiao
Egg Bubble Soup
Oil - Braised Prawns (Beijing Style)
Chengdu Stir-fry Shredded Carrot
Sweet and Sour Pork
Style Fried Fish

Johanna3 said...

looks good!

Erin said...

Using a slightly different recipe, from the vegetarian yahoo group, I also made tofu fish sticks. See them here.

michelle said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I just made these for dinner; we polished them off with a pickle heavy macaroni salad. If I'd just had them on a squishy roll with chocolate soy milk, I would've been back in my second grade cafeteria, but in a good way.