Wednesday, March 28, 2007

White Plate

Colorful it's not, but it was pretty tasty. The only fresh vegetable in the fridge tonight was cauliflower so that got steamed and topped with a little margarine and salt & pepper. The only other thing we could come up with was the Lemon-Herb Tofu from Vive le Vegan! The good thing about that tofu recipe is that it's easy to make with things we usually have on hand, it doesn't take that long, and it tastes good. We also had a small salad to start with but that didn't make it into the picture. I felt a need to add at least some color so I found a sprig of fresh oregano and a few chives poking up in the herb garden and that was the garnish. Not the most exciting meal but hey, it's the middle of the week.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

This sounds so delicious. I'm very anxious to try it.

springsandwells said...

Yes, sometimes a colorless meal does occur. I have found that such meals can be super tasty! :) ... even if I secretly hope that my friend the nutritionist won't check my blog on days like that! :)

Twisted Cinderella said...

It may be colorless but it sounds delicious!

Vincent Guihan said...

Mmmmm, cauliflower. Green and white make a nice colour combo for presentations, imo.

bazu said...

Well you know, white vegetables have great nutritional properties of their own! Your meal looks great, no matter how monochrome.

maybepigscanfly said...

I made lemon herb tofu for the first time last night and enjoyed it today in my lunch. It was great cold and I bet it's even better warm out of the oven. Just remember White Is Wonderful.

-Teresa