Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bok Choy Cashew Stir-Fry

Despite the fancy sounding title, this was pretty simple. Just a case of taking what's in the fridge, mixing it all together and calling it a stir-fry. Our main fresh vegetables were baby bok choy and cremini mushrooms. Then there was about a quarter of a head of green cabbage that was looking slightly dodgey but I just cut a bit from the outside and all was well. All that was stir-fried together with half an onion, a carrot, and fresh garlic and ginger. Oh, and let's not forget the handful of cashews.

I'm still not extremely adept at making stir-fry sauces - maybe it's my fear of using too much soy sauce. This one was good but not outstanding so I'll spare you the recipe (don't know if I could remember it anyway), though I know it did have soy sauce, vegetable broth, rice vinegar, agave and cornstarch (and maybe a little apple juice). I think I went a little heavy on the vinegar and light on the soy sauce but I'm sure there will be a next time to try something a little different.

3 comments:

Linda said...

yum! i have been completely craving bok choy lately! and i adore cashews in stirfry... looks delicious!

bazu said...

Mmmmmm, cashews, so decadent. (In a Homer Simpson voice)

Elana said...

The stir fry looks delicious! It's better to go light on the soy sauce when cooking - if you put in too much there's no going back! But if there's not enough you can always add more at the table.