Saturday, April 21, 2007

Broccoli-Mushroom-Walnut Pasta

I'm just getting around to posting about this meal from a few nights ago but I did want to get it up here because it was just the right combination of delectable and good-for-you. I had skipped over this Phyllo Pie recipe in Vive le Vegan! before because it seemed a little involved but then I noticed that there's also a pasta variation so I decided to give it a try. In a nutshell, it's broccoli, mushrooms, onions & garlic cooked in olive oil with seasonings (mustard, oregano, salt & pepper), then mixed in a food processor with walnuts and soy milk. It was excellent tossed with whole wheat spaghetti - sort of a broccoli pesto. In the end it was fairly quick to prepare too and I'm sure we'll make it again soon.

8 comments:

laura jesser said...

Oh, yum. I never noticed the pasta variation either--I'll have to check it out.

Twisted Cinderella said...

That looks really yummy!

Don't Get Mad Get Vegan! said...

Ooh, I've been thinking about trying this one for some time. Looks delicious, glad it turned out as good as it sounds!

Kate said...

There is a pasta variation? I need to try that someday, it looks fantastic.

Christine said...

That looks fabulous, I wouldn't have thought to use broccoli & mushrooms that way. Yum!

maybepigscanfly said...

I have made this pasta version many a times and love it! Sometimes I even add a few extra veggies to the sauce. Your picture looks way better than mine tho. (if you ever try the phyllo version be sure to post it).

-Teresa

Courtney said...

I just got Vive from the library--I am so excited to make all of the wonderful recipes! This one looks great; I will have to make it soon!

Courtney

stonielove said...

yum! i'd love to try it soon!

peace,
stonielove