Sunday, April 22, 2007

Maple-Mustard Potatoes

It was back to our tattered copy of Vegan with a Vengeance for last night's dinner. The Maple-Mustard Glazed Potatoes and String Beans was something we hadn't tried before but it sounded good and indeed it was. Yukon gold potatoes, beans and onions roasted in a sauce of maple syrup, Dijon mustard, soy sauce and olive oil. Simple to prepare and delicious to eat. It wouldn't quite all fit in one baking dish so I split some of it out into a second baking dish. I also made some tempeh to have with the taters and I had pulled both baking dishes out of the oven and while I was cooking the tempeh I started munching on the potatoes. Before I knew it over half of the small dish was gone... but fortunately there was still plenty for dinner. Yum!

10 comments:

springsandwells said...

yum! I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks good. Also looks like a perfect match for tempeh! mmmm.

bazu said...

Like Amey, I haven't tried this one yet either. I've said it before and I'll say it again- how have I missed such a yummy looking recipe from this book??

Emmie said...

That looks so great. I've marked out lots of recipes from all my cookbooks that I want to try making and this is one of them. Actually seeing a picture of it makes me want to even more now. I just need an oven now.... >_<

Chris said...

It was definitely good with the tempeh Amey!

The thing about VwaV Bazu is that almost all the recipes are winners. I think we've tried almost half the recipes but there are still so many more that look good. I guess we better hurry up before Isa's next book comes out.

Time to get that oven fixed Emmie. It'll be worth it!

Kate said...

I have yet to try this recipe, looks fantastic!

Christine said...

I actually bought everything for this recipe over the weekend. I'm glad to see it turns out tasty! The only thing I haven't liked from VwaV is the fettucine alfreda, but maybe it was my pine nuts... there are definitely lots of fabulous recipes in it!

Chris said...

I liked the alfreda but Darlene wasn't 100% thrilled with it so you're not alone.

Almost Vegetarian said...

I was totally intrigued by your recipe, trying to decide if it was wonderful or not (maple syrup and mustard, interesting), when it dawned on me, this would be the perfect, absoutely perfect, thing to eat in the wee hours when you can't sleep and you raid the fridge for a munch.

So let me just grab that recipe ...

Cheers!

Veg-a-Nut said...

Yum! I have not made this recipe. I don't have the book and keep checking it out from the library. I know where I will be going on Monday :o) I love potatoes. I could live off of them!

Susan said...

I made this recipe after seeing your post (I actually ordered the book right after seeing the picture--I had been thinking about it anyway, and this pushed me over the edge), and it was so good. This, even though I changed it around a bit to fit what I had in my house at the time. Thanks for the inspiration!