Sunday, April 01, 2007

Orange Seitan

A couple weeks ago Don't Get Mad Get Vegan was inspired by one of our past recipes and now we in turn were inspired by her post. Seeing her post made me realize we hadn't made this in a while and it sure was good last time so we went back to it. For this I used basically the same recipe for the Tangerine Seitan we did before. But this time I kept the seitan separate from the sauce until the end so it would stay crispy and instead of including the broccoli we had kale on the side. I actually like broccoli a little better than kale but when I was in the grocery store recently I balked at the price of the broccoli and their kale looked good and was 79 cents a pound. Plus we all know we should eat our greens right?

3 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

Looks good! I have actually never tried kale. I eat spinach all the time and have tried other greens though.

Veg-a-Nut said...

Looks wonderful. Wow! what a deal for Kale. That is awesome. It is never that cheap here. I need to get inspired. My bad back is draggin me down big time. Wish I was at your house for dinner!!

Chris said...

t.c. - you should definitely get yourself some kale. It's not tender like spinach though so I've found that I like it best when cooked for about 30 minutes.

It's definitely not organic at that price veg-a-nut but still not a bad deal. Hope your back is feeling better soon. I've had chronic lower back pain on and off for a long time - no fun.