Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Dinner Salad

A salad? For dinner?? Yeah but this was no ordinary salad. Well, that and we wanted to save plenty of room for mucho strawberry shortcake for dessert. The salad had red leaf lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, kalamata olives, artichokes, marinated mushrooms, pinto beans, quinoa and avocado. It was topped with, what else, a strawberry vinaigrette. The dressing I adapted from La Dolce Vegan and I'm not sure if I remember the exact quantities but I think it was something like this: blend together about 10 fresh strawberries with 1/3 c. rice vinegar, 2 Tbs. lime juice, 1 Tbs. agave, 1 tsp. Dijon mustard, 1/4 tsp. salt and fresh ground pepper. Then slowly add 1/4 c. olive oil and 1/4 c. flax oil.

4 comments:

BigFoot ? Marty said...

MM that is a substantial salad and loaded with a complete mix of nutrition.

If I east enough I will go lighter on the Shortcake- Not a big cake guy but can kill some fressh strawberries under a blend of soyyogurt/raw cider vinegar

Veg-a-Nut said...

Wow, that is a salad. I love it!

GreenBeliever said...

mmm that dressing sounds absolutely delish! very light and summery.

bazu said...

Salad for dinner? I am so there!