Thursday, May 03, 2007

Greens and Beans

A note to the Urban Vegan: I swear I was already planning on making this before I saw your post. I wanted to use up the rest of the huge bunch 'o collards that didn't go into the gomen, and also some pinto beans that were in the freezer. A small piece of Darlene's homemade seitan went into the mix, along with onions, garlic and a little bit of tomato and veg. broth. And with the greens we had what I suppose I'd call a simple quinoa pilaf - quinoa cooked in veg. broth with sautéed onions and carrots. D-lish!

3 comments:

Lizard Princess said...

Wow- that looks so incredibly good right now....Hmmm, I think I'm hungry. gotta go bye!

Veg-a-Nut said...

That looks really good. I just bought some chard, I bet that would work too! We are on a Chard and Spinach kick right now. Greens, Yum-O

Chris said...

Chard would be good too veg-a-nut and you don't have to cook it nearly as long as collards.