Sunday, June 10, 2007

Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry

I love cashews in a stir fry. And I dug deep into the recipe pile for this one. The end result was altered a good bit from the original recipe but what I started with was a circa 1998 printout from family.com of all places. I think that was back in the day when if we did have internet access at home it was 28k dialup from AOL.

But I digress. The main thing I like about this recipe is the sauce. As for the rest of it, well, it's a stir fry so add whatever you like. The original recipe had tofu, carrots, snow peas and cashews. Tonight we had broccoli, carrots, cabbage, seitan and cashews. The sauce is simple but tasty: mix together 1/3 c. hoisin sauce, 2 Tbs. tamari, 2 Tbs. rice wine or sherry (I actually used white wine), and 1 Tbs. sesame oil. Yeah, there's enough sodium in that to last you a week but it's worth it.

2 comments:

KleoPatra said...

i'm not a cashew fan unless they're smooshed up in a paste/butter OR in a stir fry. This looks splendid!!

Sandra Eileen - Artisan Jewelry For Your Good Life said...

I too love cashews in stir fry...gonna have to try this dish.