Sunday, June 24, 2007

Garden Pasta

This was actually a fairly simple meal, the likes of which we do regularly. Normally I might not write about it but for the exciting fact that it contained some of the first bounty from our garden. Namely a nice zucchini and a huge yellow squash. Oh, and a sweet banana pepper and fresh basil too. I just cooked the zucchini and squash in olive oil, added fresh garlic and salt & pepper, then some basil, pine nuts and chopped canned tomatoes (because all our garden tomatoes are still green). Well, except for the one lonely ripe cherry tomato that went on top after all the veggies were mixed with whole wheat pasta. Nothing too special but it sure did taste fresh.

10 comments:

Dreena said...

I love this type of dish. Simple ingredients and the fresh flavors come through. And, I think it's very exciting to make a meal that has ingredients from your own garden... gratifying!!

Judith MacCaellich-Young said...

Sometimes simple=tasty I'll remember to try this when my plants deliver!

jenny said...

Yum! I love fresh basil in just about anything!

Veg-a-Nut said...

Looks delish. I have some tiny green beans, little tomatoes, 8 ears of corn, and green peppers beginning to bud in my garden. I can't wait to taste our harvest.

VeggieGirl said...

sooo delicious looking - I love fresh veggies in pasta dishes!! nice variety of colors present in your dish, too

maybepigscanfly said...

Sometimes its the simple meals that seem to be the best! And in this case you've got a great looking and healthy dish! Oh and I second Dreena on the comment about fresh garden ingredients

-Teresa

KleoPatra said...

Simple is GOOD and i'd never let anyone tell me differently. This looks excellent!

Mihl said...

I wish I had a garden! That dish looks delicious and I think simple is good as well.

bazu said...

You are so lucky to already be harvesting from your garden! We left my mom's home in northern VA on a 100-degree day and came home to Syracuse on a 55-degree night. Quite a difference, but our little tomatoes and peppers are hanging in there!

Madhuram said...

I simply love these quick fix pasta dishes. They look colorful, feast to the eyes as well.