Thursday, July 12, 2007

General Tao's Tofu

It's been a while and I forget where I saw it originally but maybe one of you blogged about this recipe from VegWeb. Or maybe I saw it on a forum. Regardless, I printed out the recipe when I first saw it but it's been sitting in my recipe folder since then. I just organized said folder a few days ago and found this recipe again. I've actually done something like this once before with seitan, but I figured I'd give the VegWeb recipe a whirl since I remembered there being many positive comments about it.

And now I'll echo the positive comments. It's awful good. I'll also concur with several of the comments on VegWeb in that next time I'll make more sauce. But other than that, YUM!

5 comments:

the pleasantly plump vegan said...

oh wow. that looks awesome!

VeganLuv said...

Did you use the full 4 Tab. of sugar in the recipe? I read some of the comments and some felt it was too sweet (?)

Chris said...

I like it sweet veganluv but in fact I think I did reduce the sugar slightly - maybe 3 - 3 1/2 Tbs.

jen said...

I like to double the amount of sauce, but not double the amount of water - it makes it more caramelized and yummmmy!

And no, I don't feel it's too sweet - especially if you add steamed broccoli to the mix.

Renee said...

This recipe is indeed awesome! It is in the data base at VegWeb.com and there is a video on how to prepare it. General Tao's Tofu video at VegWeb.com