Friday, August 24, 2007

Pasta with Eggplant and Green Beans

See the eggplant in this picture? Right. That's how I like my eggplant - roasted 'til soft and smashed into oblivion. So I halved a big eggplant, drizzled on some olive oil, sprinkled on salt & pepper, and popped it into a 400° oven until it was mush. Once it was cool enough to handle I sautéed onion and garlic in olive oil then I scooped the eggplant out of its skin into the pan. Next in went diced tomatoes, salt & pepper, paprika and fresh purple basil from our garden. I mixed all that stuff together well then added whole wheat pasta and green beans that I put in with the boiling pasta for a few minutes. And finally I sprinkled toasted pine nuts on top.

4 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

I like my eggplant the same way :-) Looks yummy, especially with the pine nuts!

springsandwells said...

wow. that looks tasty!
I'm totally down with your version of eggplant. 100%

:)

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

MMmmmmm.. I like my eggplant mushed all to heck too! That looks really GOOD!

Kumudha said...

You have some good recipes here!