Friday, August 03, 2007

Sweet and Sour Veggie Stir-Fry

I could probably have been more original but when I looked in the fridge and saw that the main veggies we needed to use up were cabbage and bell peppers, the first thing I thought of was a stir fry. It needed to be quick too since we were heading downtown this evening to catch a good local band. And what's quicker than a stir-fry? I poked around on the internets and this recipe for sweet & sour tofu sounded good so I used the same sauce but with different veggies. So in addition to the cabbage and pepper I also added carrots, zucchini and seitan. I also used fresh ginger and left the powdered stuff out of the sauce. Not the best meal I've had but the sauce was good and it came together in a hurry.

4 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

Sometimes you need those kinds of meals. I've done the same thing myself this week....except with pesto, veggies, and pasta!

Judith MacCaellich-Young said...

When the garden goes nuts, you've just got to do something! How about sauerkraut with the cabbage?

Chris said...

That sounds good too vegan noodle...

We have thought about doing homemade sauerkraut Judith but haven't gotten around to it yet. Great idea tho... maybe one day soon.

Veg-a-Nut said...

Stir-fries are always good and fast. Right now I am knee deep in cabbage too. Hope the band was great!