Monday, September 10, 2007

Breakfast for Dinner (Southern Style)

We've written about breakfast for dinner many times before but it's been a while so here we go again. This time I was inspired by a biscuit cutter. We make biscuits on occasion but we've never had a real biscuit cutter - we always used a glass or a round tupperware or some such thing. One day I decided to look for a better tool for the job but I looked in 3 or 4 stores and could find nary a biscuit cutter. Well that threw me for a loop because this is the South! People make biscuits here all the time! I found a tortilla warmer and an avocado slicer and all kinds of other crazy things but no simple biscuit cutter.

Well finally a few days ago we happened to stop in a Bed Bath & Beyond store and once again I scoured the shelves for a biscuit cutter. I was just about to give up when I spotted one (a package of 3 actually). So then we had to have biscuits. And gravy. Baking Powder Biscuits with White Bean and Tempeh Sausage Gravy from Vegan with a Vengeance to be exact. And some roasted potatoes on the side. And collard greens so it's not too much of a brown plate. Darlene did a fine job with the biscuits and I made the gravy a little thick but it sure did taste good.

7 comments:

bazu said...

I am all about biscuits!

Jessica said...

classic!

Leigh said...

I love that tempeh sausage gravy recipe, too. Yum!

funwithyourfood said...

:)
i've said it a million times. breakfast is great at night!!

Teddy

urban vegan said...

Nice way to wake up.

urban vegan said...

Or go to sleep...

the pleasantly plump vegan said...

i really need to try that gravy recipe from VWaV. beautiful plate of food!