Sunday, September 16, 2007

Cashew Butter Waffle Sandwiches

Way back in the day (in '05 that is), the Cashew Butter Sandwiches from Moby's teany book were one of the first things we posted about (in fact that was the first picture we ever posted). More recently we made savory waffle sandwiches. And then it hit me. Cashew Butter Waffle Sandwiches! So this morning I made our old standby waffle recipe, then I made sandwiches with cashew butter, apple butter, bananas and maple syrup in between two waffles, then I grilled the sandwiches in a fry pan with a little margarine. Oh yeah... that's what I'm talkin' about...

And now for an administrative note. I've finally updated the links over there on your left. There are so many great vegan blogs coming (and sometimes going) these days that my RSS reader is getting really full. I'm sure I've missed something good over there but I think I've linked to most of what's in my reader and updated regularly.

15 comments:

Jillian said...

Thanks so much for linking to Bitchin' Vegan Kitchen! Those waffle sandwiches look so yummy too, cashew and apple butters sound like a perfect combination...yum.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Uhhh, I'm coming to your house for breakfast!!!

VeggieGirl said...

oh my goodness gracious - these waffle sandwiches look to-die-for!! I definitely have to give this combination a try :0)

Alisa said...

What a great idea! I might add just a touch of cinnamon, but I am a cinnamon addict.

Cherie said...

You are NOT allowed to post such delicious breakfast items. :) No more!

laura jesser said...

Oh, wow. I love pancakes with peanut butter--and you have kicked it up a notch! I'm definitely going to try this one of these days...

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I've had those at Teany's! Good stuff! Your edition looks both bigger and better than I remember..

Emmie said...

I agree with everyone else, wow those waffles look awesome. You can cook me breakfast anytime!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Oh, that is making my stomach grumble. I just got a waffle iron...so these babies are in my very near future!!

the pleasantly plump vegan said...

yum, yum, yum. this would make such an awesome snack.

bazu said...

Whoops! I seem to have left my comment for this post on the previous post! So I'll say, that dish from the previous post looks amazing as well. ;-)

Johanna3 said...

they look awesome!!

Chris said...

Thanks everyone! Now go start your waffle irons!

Doodleyboo said...

Damn! I have the cookbook, but your version of the recipe looks way better! I am not a breakfast person, mostly because I am usually at a loss of what to make that isn't too time consuming. This is something I will definitely go out of my way to make. Thanks for the great post!

Melissa G said...

Umm, I know I've stumbled upon this late, but OMG! I just did a search on your site for cashew butter, which I love. I came upon this and now I'm crying b/c what you've described so beautifully is not sitting in front of me. Damn you for teasing me with your waffley goodness!