Friday, September 14, 2007

Jerk Tofu

Last night I was trying to decide what to make for dinner with tofu and some nice peppers from our garden when the Vegan with a Vengeance Jerk Seitan recipe popped into my brain. We've had it with the seitan a few times before and I figured it'd work just as well with tofu. It did. Especially since I put the tofu in the marinade before I went to work in the morning so it had plenty of time to suck up all the flavors - onions, garlic, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil, maple syrup, thyme, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon and cayenne.... So much yum! We had it with mashed potatoes and greens too - also yum.

But don't you hate it when you plan on having something with your dinner and then you totally forget about it? Or maybe I'm the only one who does that. At any rate, a couple weeks ago I made a big batch of Jamaican veggie patties and froze some extras. I took the last two out of the freezer in anticipation of this meal but then I forgot to serve them. No matter though - they were great for lunch with the leftovers.

5 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I *almost* made the Jerk Seitan tonight, but opted for Barbecue. Darn! Sounds like I should make the Jerk sauce soon!

Chris said...

Well the Jerk was good but I always love me some bbq too ;-)

the pleasantly plump vegan said...

man, everything looks great but those onions look so AMAZING! my eyes instantly went to them. they look perfecty cooked.

bazu said...

These look great! I will get a waffle iron soon, simply because of all the fantastic waffles I've been seeing on everyone's blogs lately.
Like you, I recently updated my link list- and I can't keep up with all the vegan blogs either. As it is, I know I'm missing at leat 50% of them. But there are only so many hours in a day...