Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Quinoa with Spinach, Apples and Walnuts

This seems a little blah after the last post but we had to get back to something healthy. And quick for a weeknight. So I started flipping through Quick-Fix Vegetarian and this quinoa pilaf caught my eye. It was pretty simple and really good. I just sautéed some onions and chopped walnuts in olive oil, added frozen spinach, and then a diced apple. Then just mix in quinoa that was cooked in veggie broth and season with salt & pepper. Delicious and nutritious!

7 comments:

jd said...

This actually sounds really good - sometimes something healthy really does hit the spot!

PS Great blog :)

Chris said...

thanks jd! it really was good.

Pink Theory said...

this isn't "blah" at all! I've never cooked with quinoa myself and this seems like something I could do easily...thanks for sharing it.

VeggieGirl said...

blah? that is the LAST word I would use to describe this quinoa dish - the first word that comes to my mind? spectacular!!! I love the mix of flavors and ingredients.

Chris said...

why thank you p.t. & v.g. ;-)

I suppose it was spectacular, just in a different way than the burgers...

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, I never thought about apples in quinoa! I have a ton of apples right now; any recommendation on apple variety?

Chris said...

You can't go wrong with a Granny Smith but any crisp variety will do.