Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry

This was a bit of a clean-out-the-fridge sort of meal but it came out good and didn't take too long either. All our eating out over the weekend was great but it was probably just a little lacking in fresh veggies. I think we corrected that tonight. We had a head of cauliflower that we really needed to use, and also half a bunch of kale that would've been past its prime very soon. And there was that half a can of coconut milk too.

I cooked half a diced onion in a little oil, added garlic, curry powder, cumin and coriander, then stirred in the cauliflower and kale, along with the coconut milk and some veggie broth. That simmered until the cauliflower was tender, then I mixed in a can of chickpeas and seasoned with salt & pepper. I even salvaged some cilantro from a week-old bunch so we had a little garnish.

3 comments:

Rural Vegan said...

Is it me, or are the meals that you just throw together out of leftovers the best? I love those!

Chris said...

Often they are. For me time spent in the kitchen is not always proportional to the quality of the meal (though sometimes it is - like Thanksgiving for instance).

Brooke said...

I think I will do this with the cauliflower that is waiting patiently in my fridge!