Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Asian Noodle Salad

Normally I may not have posted about this noodle salad, but I also have a little bit of shameless self promotion to do. First the salad. We were channel surfing over the weekend (doesn't take that long when you only get 5 channels), and we happened to catch part of the Everyday Food cooking show on PBS. They were making this noodle salad that amazingly enough is vegan, plus it sounded pretty simple and tasty. We made it for dinner last night with roasted asparagus instead of green beans and it was great. Next time I might opt for marinated baked tofu but then it's not quite so quick and easy anymore.

So last post, I told you to go vote for Hezbollah Tofu at the Endless Simmer blog. Well the vegans wiped the floor with Anthony Bourdain in that contest and now they have a veggie burger battle going on. Yours truly has one of the featured burgers and though I won't win fabulous cash or prizes I still would appreciate your vote. (But hey, if you like one of the other burgers better then by all means vote for it.)

Finally, tonight we cracked open the Lightlife Smart Ground and made tacos. But thanks for all your other suggestions - I'm sure we'll use more of them in the future. By the way, the creamy looking stuff on the tacos is a raw cashew cream leftover from a dinner of raw lettuce wraps the other night - went good on the tacos.

12 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

mmm, that noodle-salad and those tacos look wonderful!! so glad to see that you're still creating delicious meals, as always :0)

Vegan_Noodle said...

I just voted for you!! Hopefully I'll get around to making that burger sometime this summer!

funwithyourfood said...

OMG I'm going to vote now! Not a shameless promotion... much needed information

Teddy

(Ve*ganChick) said...

Congrats on the recipe nomination. I've already voted for you! Great to see Anthony go down in flames...

Anonymous said...

Well, voting for you requires that you share that raw cashew cream recipe! Just kidding about holding the vote hostage, but really would like that recipe...please?

swellvegan said...

a worthy opponent for the veggie burger battle! i checked your blog out early in my vegan blog discovery and love yours too. i agree with your vegan sentiment, for we definitely both win!

Chris said...

Thanks for the votes everyone!

anonymous - the cashew cream is from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen. Just blend all this stuff in a food processor: juice of 1 lemon, 2 c. cashews, 3 stalks celery, 2 Tbs. chopped onion, 2 Tbs. fresh thyme, 2 cloves garlic and 1/2 c. water.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much -- I have Ani's book but haven't tried that yet. The donut holes are great if you haven't tried them yet. (And I did cast my vote!)

Bianca said...

You got my vote! Yours sounded the best and I love any veganized Paula Deen recipe! You're winning by a huge margin, by the way.

The Voracious Vegan said...

Oooh! I'm drooling. I want tacos!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Don't worry, I already vote for you a few days ago! :)

veganf said...

Did you make the taco shells yourself? If not, where did you find blue corn tacos shells? Or are they folded tortillas?