Sunday, June 15, 2008

Glazed Tofu x2

It seems the weekends are the only time I'm cooking anything remotely blog-worthy these days. Last weekend I made the Chili Lime Tofu from VeganYumYum. You should seriously go try this recipe.

Well what are you waiting for? Go.

OK... now that you've tried it, isn't it simple and delicious? A whirlwind of flavors? We didn't have collards so we had ours over a bed of fresh spinach. I'll show you what ours looked like but Lolo's picture is way better so follow the link and check it out.


Last night I wanted to do something different after several nights of having pasta. I thought of the Chili Lime Tofu again but I thought I'd change it up a bit. Then I saw the bottle of Trader Joe's pomegranate glaze that's been in the back of our fridge for I don't know how long and the proverbial light bulb lit up. I used that as the base for the glaze and added soy sauce, maple syrup, and a little molasses and red chili paste. We had our pomegranate glazed tofu over brown rice with some fresh local chard on the side and it was fabulous.

8 comments:

Eesh said...

Happy Father's Day Chris!

Your tofu dishes look delicious! I'm heading straight over to Vegan Yum Yum for the recipe! I love fast and easy tofu meals.

Bianca said...

Yum. Everyone's been raving about that Vegan Yum Yum recipe. I really need to give it a try.

And Happy "first" Father's Day!

kindkitchen said...

Both tofus sound yummy..

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! I hope you had a wonderful day...

springsandwells said...

Hey, I made that too. It's yummy, huh?

I'm impressed that you're still cooking much at all. I hope you are Darlene are reveling in the joys and challenges of parenting.

:) Amey

Erin said...

Those tofus look delicious! Like the kind you want to lick the plate after eating.

Amy said...

Tofu--what a great comfort food, huh?

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

MMMMMMMM

Anonymous said...

I've made it twice now, thanks to you. I liked it a little better with kale. An awesome recipe!