Friday, October 17, 2008

Tempeh Fries with Sesame Broccoli

We finally had a chance to open a cookbook and try something new the other night. We were still looking for something quick though so the cookbook we opened was Vegan Express, where we found an appetizer and a side dish that combined to make an excellent meal. And it was all done in 25 minutes. The Tempeh Fries with Wasabi-Dill Mayonnaise were awesome and super simple, as was the Spicy Sesame Broccoli. The tempeh is just pan fried in a mixture of soy sauce and oil and is paired with a refreshingly delicious sauce containing vegan mayo, a little rice milk and lime juice, plus wasabi and fresh dill. The broccoli is even easier, as it's steamed in a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil, white wine and sugar, then sprinkled with crushed red pepper and sesame seeds.

9 comments:

Bex said...

I have the book and that looks awesome! Recipe marked.

Andrea said...

Thanks for a great meal suggestion. Now I know what to make tonight!

Lenora said...

Oooooh! A match made in heaven! I just got Vegan Express not too long ago... and I have some Tempeh I bought but haven't been brave enough to try! I think this will push me over the edge!

Thanks for your blog :D

VeganView said...

Those tempeh fries look amazing!!!!! I am going to have to try that!

federal vegan (kate) said...

Thanks for reviewing - I've made a few dud things from Vegan Express, but this looks and sounds great, so I'll give it another go.

Amey said...

yum. I really love tempeh. I'm pretty sure I have that cookbook... I should give it another look.

hope you're all doing well!

Bianca said...

OOoh! I need that book. I'm a huge dill fan and I love wasabi. I bet that sauce would be good over all kinds of stuff.

kindkitchen said...

MMM That tempeh sounds/looks perfect!

Virginia said...

i need to check out this vegan express! i don't think i have heard of it before.