Sunday, November 23, 2008

Easy Curries

Finding vegan recipes on the Food Network is a rare thing indeed but sometimes you find one that's super easy to veganize. This Vegetable Curry recipe from a past episode of Good Eats is a case in point. Just swap in soy yogurt and you're good to go. This comes together in a snap and the variations are endless. We followed the recipe as is once last week and last night we swapped the mixed vegetables with a bag of frozen chopped spinach and a can of chickpeas. Both variations were excellent.


9 comments:

Gina said...

I adore Alton Brown. He does lots of veggie stuff (even though he's not exactly veg friendly!!). That curry looks awesome!

Lily Girl said...

Mmmmm curry! I love Alton Brown. Good Eats is my very favorite show on Food Network. Thanks for sharing this, I hadn't caught that episode.

EL said...

Been following your blog for quite some time now and thought i'd finally make a comment on how great it is and how much i enjoy checking in with Eat Air on a daily basis! I have a 6 month old baby and have recently returned to work. I love that many of your posts are about quick vegan meals:) Now, if i could only recruit my husband to eating vegan! Thanks again you two:-) Keep up the great work!

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

LOVE LOVE Alton Brown. He actually has a ton of recpes that are easily vegan-izeable. I want to have the man over for dinner and talk some sense into him, cause I LOVE his show and all his geeky-food-science tips are so educational!!
The curries look deelish!!

Bianca said...

Can't go wrong with a veggie curry! So versatile and satisfying.

Valerie said...

My Indian friends, previous vegetarians who have become vegan for ethical or health reasons, say that Indian vegetarian recipes are easy to veganize... soy milk instead of milk, tofu instead of paneer, margarine instead of ghee, etc. Nothing else changes.

Your curry looks wonderful.

Zesty Cook said...

Love the curry post! Oh so yummy

zesty

mysticxian said...

Looks delicious. I should make some myself, it's been awhile.

Urban, Yuppy, Hippy said...

Spinach looks incredible!