Sunday, December 07, 2008

Simple Wraps


Are there any Annie's Goddess Dressing fans out there? Well here's an idea for you. Put some rice on a tortilla, add whatever veggies you like, slather on some Goddess dressing and roll it up. This was a quick meal from a few nights ago. I had already cooked brown rice and a couple sweet potatoes the night before. When it was time for dinner on this night, I started by cooking a couple chopped scallions and some garlic in olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Then I added a can of black beans and the sweet potatoes. I mashed this mixture up a little bit, cooked until it was heated through, then put it on whole wheat tortillas with the rice and Goddess dressing. If you're not a fan of the Goddess then pick your own personal favorite.

On another note, if you visit this blog in a web browser you may have noticed that I updated the template. When I did that, the blogroll and other links that used to be on the side went away. I added some links back based on what was in my Google reader but since I rarely use Google reader that wasn't an exhaustive list. So if there was a link to your blog there before and there's not one there now, my apologies - hopefully I'll get around to adding it again soon.
I'm still not totally happy with how the site looks so if I can ever find more time I'll probably keep futzing with it.

9 comments:

ŀĀŘ¡ŝ∫Á said...

sounds yum!

Bianca said...

I'm a huge fan of Amy's Goddess Dressing, but I love the Amy's Woodstock Dressing even more! I love this idea for a quick lunch.

VEGAN TICKLES said...

i've never tried that dressing. Is it that good? Everyone raves about it.

Chris said...

I like it a lot. It's a lemon tahini sort of thing. We usually make our own dressings but if we buy one, that's usually it.

EL said...

i love that dressing!! i havent had a chance to try the woodstock one but hear its awesome too!! i made a mock version of it at home and loved it!

Stella said...

Goddess Dressing fan checking in!

I always forget to buy it, but slurp it up at my friend's house.

That looks so good.

Desdemona said...

In my house we simply refer to Annie's Goddess Dressing as "crack," as in, "Damn, are we out of crack again?!" The stuff is pure evil!

savvy wife said...

I could not love the Goddess Dressing more...well, maybe if it was fat free! Thanks for giving me another meal to make with it!

veganf said...

Oh I used to put Goddess Dressing on everything, but I've been trying to cut back on unnecessary fats. Sigh. Looks good.