Sunday, August 09, 2009

Product Review: Bountiful Vegan cookies

I admit it. I'm a total cookie fiend. So when the folks at Bountiful Vegan asked if we'd like to sample their vegan cookies I jumped at the chance. They come in four flavors (or themes as you'll see if you follow the link). No sooner had they come in the mail than we were scarfing down the Well-Being cookie, which is Coconut Pineapple flavor. It was quite big enough to share as were all the others. I didn't get a strong coconut flavor from this one but still it was delicious. I really enjoyed the flavor combination in this one and in the Chocolate Chip-Orange and Lemon Snickerdoodle. And who doesn't like Chocolate-Chocolate Chip? The Chocolate Chip-Orange in particular has inspired me to throw in some orange zest or orange oil the next time I make chocolate chip cookies. What an amazing flavor profile! All of these cookies were a little more crumbly than I generally like my cookies but I think that mainly means they're not loaded down with fat, and anyway the flavors more than make up for that fact.

3 comments:

Bianca said...

They sent me cookies too! I've tried all but the Well-Being. But I plan to open that one soon. I think so far, I love the Love flavor the best.

Katie said...

I really want to try these cookies! Vegan cookies are so tasty...even better than their non-vegan counterparts. ;)

James Reno said...

I'll have to try some vegan cookies. I don't care if they are crumbly, the lack of fat is key. Great recipes on you blog, love it!
You guys would also love Raw Creations, my friend Chef Jason makes raw vegan organic desserts. Hit the Raw-Food-Repair link below and you will see what I mean!

To Your Health!
James Reno (editor)
Raw-Food-Repair.com