Thursday, September 03, 2009

Fresh Salsa


I'm sure many of you out there have made fresh salsa. This is for those who haven't. It's tomato season, what are you waiting for? I often don't use a specific recipe but just keep it simple. This time I diced a nice yellow heirloom tomato from our CSA, along with a little bit of red bell pepper. A minced jalapeƱo went into the mix too. If I would've had an onion, a small minced slice of that would go in there too. Then I added about 1/4 teaspoon of coarse sea salt, a drizzle of sunflower oil and a splash of cider vinegar. Then I mixed everything together and opened a big bag of chips...

7 comments:

The Voracious Vegan said...

Oooh so simple and fresh, I love a good salsa!

Courtney said...

You forgot the cilantro! But it looks great anyway :-)

Courtney

Chris said...

Very true Courtney, but cilantro's not really in season here now.

T said...

My favorite way to use up the millions of tomatoes I come by... and yay for no cilantro! That's how I like it too.

Mel said...

Now this is a salsa to really get into. I love that you used a yellow heirloom tomato. I usually like them in my tabbouleh.

Kay said...

I love salsa, but I've only had the salt laden store brought one. I so want to make my own though. Salsa with spicy tortilla chips = yum!

James Reno said...

What a great combination, tomatoes and peppers. Talk about getting Vitamin C as well!

To Your Health!
James Reno (editor)
Raw-Food-Repair.com